When planning your website, there are some important things to consider:
- Who will be viewing your site?
- Will they have a fast or slow connection?
- Will they have the latest web browser?
- Will they have enough patience to wait while your clever graphics load?
- Will they be able to easily find their way around your site?
Content is king
This doesn't mean that your web pages should be full of words. On the contrary, they should contain short, sharp information about your product or service. Too much information is overwhelming and is too difficult to read on a computer screen. Long documents or explanations are best converted to pdf format and made available for download.
You want your site to look smart, but you don't want to put your potential customers off while they wait and wait and wait for your graphics to load. It's fun and exciting to have a site with lots of whistles and bells, but in the end most people just want to be able to find the information they want quickly.
The amount you pay for your hosting service will depend on what you expect from it. You should consider:
- How many email addresses do you want?
- How complicated will your site beó will it need lots of space or only a little?
- Do you want to post forms and get customer feedback?
- Do you want to sell your products online?
If you only want a simple site, you don't need to pay for expensive extras.
We can offer a complete design and maintenance service for your website at competitive prices. Contact us for more information.